The business world is changing like crazy fast and women are joining the business world everyday across the USA. We thought we’d share the ten things all business women should know in 2018 because it’s the “Year of the Woman” and we are SKYROCKETING into success. Now is the time for women to dive into the pool of entrepreneurship.
February Book Club
Check out our current Book Club read from our affiliate, Amazon: Play Like a Man, Win Like a Woman by Gail Evans
It inspired this post!
10 Things All Business Women Should Know in 2018
- It’s time for women to think about becoming providers for their households.
- If we are to join the business world, we need to understand how men do business, because men created the current business rules.
- Women can also create rules of business.
- Men and women are equal in intelligence, ability and natural talent, though we use different methods to achieve our end goals sometimes.
- Using precise language will help people understand you, your mission, what you need, and how they can help you.
- Men often think of business like playing sports: there’s a clear goal, rules and strategy. This helps them hit their target and achieve big goals.
- Women have a tendency to self sabotage by worrying, complaining, fearing the unknown, not showing up, and a variety of other very clever methods. This isn’t necessary and can be avoided by simply giving yourself a clear goal and strategy.
- Share your genuine, authentic self and people will enjoy your company. People can tell when you’re faking it.
- Pay attention to your accounting by creating a spreadsheet with monthly tabs of all of your business income and expenses. Refer to this often and watch a running total as your business financial progress.
- Form lasting business partnerships with people who have clear goals and a reason for achieving them with you by their side. Avoid doing business with people who drag you down, make your life more difficult, and/or don’t show up for you when it’s “go-to.”
More Business Tips for Women
What would you add to this list? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below:
Know someone who might benefit from this post? Share it on Pinterest and Facebook: