Ready to start your own home based business? Do you enjoy cleaning? If so, here’s six cleaning business ideas to get you started! Starting a home based cleaning business is a great way to earn side income, or support your whole family, using your skills. Moms often have a knack for cleaning, and often a passion for cleaning, so why not use those skills to pay the bills?
Why start a cleaning business in 2020?
There are many great reasons to start a cleaning business in 2020, and here are five of them:
- You just lost your job and need to find a new way to earn income
- Your bills have increased and you need to find a new way to earn extra income from home
- You have a savings goal and want to use your extra time to earn income to meet your goal
- You’re bored at home and want to use your extra time to bring in extra money for your family
- You love cleaning and want to be of service to your community
What you’ll need to start a home based cleaning business
Starting a home based cleaning business is also an inexpensive business to start from home. Here’s a few things you’ll need to get started:
- Cleaning equipment
- Cleaning supplies
- Business insurance
- A vehicle or method of transportation
- Business flyers, cars, and/or sales literature
- Social media account or business website
Here’s 6 cleaning business ideas in 2020
Below is a list of six home based cleaning business ideas perfect for moms who want to work from home and earn income using their skills:
Cleaning your blinds can be a tedious job for people who are disabled or just do not want to take the time to do this home maintenance. However, if this becomes your specialty, it can be an easy business to operate with the right tools and equipment.
Carpet and Rug Cleaning
Carpet cleaning is another tedious home maintenance activity that many people do not have the time or desire to do themselves, which makes this an ideal business to start if you have a passion for cleaning. Carpet and rug cleaning equipment can even be rented so you can keep your equipment and storage costs low.
Another cleaning business idea is furniture cleaning. Many people have sofas that are dirty and need annual cleaning, but do not want to do this tedious task. Equipment for cleaning furniture can be rented or purchased at minimal cost. This is also an excellent business idea because referrals are likely.
This is another popular business idea, especially for moms who often have a knack for cleaning. Your ideal customer for this home service business idea is the aging population who may no longer be able to (or have a desire to) clean their own homes. This is also a great business for referrals because if someone trusts you to clean their home, often times they will refer you to others because trust is very important in this industry.
This business is great for those who want to travel for business. You can travel to clients wherever they are, at home, the office, or elsewhere, and detail their cars for them. This is great for families who have many children (and most likely very messy cars) and do not want to take all of the kids with them to get the car cleaned.
Cloth Diaper Cleaning
You can easily start a diaper cleaning service business at home if you have access to a washer and dryer. Many families are opting for cloth diapers instead of disposable diapers these days, however cleaning these diapers can be a big chore for busy moms. Starting a diaper cleaning service is a great side business idea for moms who don’t mind doing this chore.
- Start an ASMR business with these six business ideas
- Big list of home based business ideas for mompreneurs in 2020
- 12 zero cost Shopify business ideas for moms
- Work From Home: Online Business Ideas for Moms
- 7 Best Business Ideas from Around the Web
- How to become an affiliate marketer
- Top beauty direct sales companies for 2020
Save this post on Pinterest and Facebook:
Learn more about starting a small business >