Wondering how to promote your YouTube channel for free? In this post I share how I promote my YouTube channel using a variety of free methods.
How I promote my YouTube channel for free
Like I said, I share my YouTube channel a variety of ways, both for free and using paid advertisements. A channel can be shared itself or YouTube videos individually can be shared. Below are ways I promote my channel and videos.
7 ways I promote my YouTube channel for free
- Sharing links to my Facebook feed
- Pinning my channel to Pinterest
- Writing blog posts about my YouTube channel
- Linking to my channel in other relevant blog posts
- Share the link to my channel in my Instagram bio
- Share links to my channel in relevant Facebook groups
- Ask my friends to share my channel with their friends
- Use “search engine optimization” in my channel About section to drive search traffic to my channel
7 ways I promote my YouTube videos for free
- Send a link to a relevant video to prominent bloggers and influencers and ask them to share it
- Add relevant videos to blog posts on my blog
- Embed relevant videos to my website’s sidebar and after entry widget areas
- Include a link to videos in my email newsletter
- Share links to relevant videos in Facebook groups
- Share a link to my latest video in my Instagram bio
- Use “search engine optimization” in my video titles and description to drive search traffic to my videos
Should I pay to promote my YouTube channel?
This is a great question. It depends on if you have an advertising budget. One idea is to use free promotional tactics to promote a new YouTube channel. If and when it starts to earn revenue, use some of that to purchase paid advertisements to promote the channel. This can be very helpful in growing subscribers and getting more views to videos. Paid advertisements can be purchased directly from YouTube that allow you to promote your channel on the platform itself.
Alternatively, if you know you have very useful content, starting with an advertising budget and investing in a new channel right away can help it reach YouTube’s monetization goals for earning money on their platform.
- 15 places to share affiliate links in 2020
- Here’s 24 Facebook Live tips for business professionals
- 4 Best Places to Sell Your Products Online
- My channel
Please support my blog and share this post on Pinterest: